Rules and Regulations
For Terms & Conditions regarding the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017, please view here.
- The Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017 is supported by the Board of Tourism, Sports and Culture department and Athletic Federation of Ho Chi Minh City, and the People’s Committee and organised by Sunrise Events Vietnam, “ SEV” in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (the “R&Rs”) and all the terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) applicable to the Participants, which can be found at www.marathonhcmc.com (the “Official Website”).
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by these R&Rs.
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Personal Information”); (ii) maintain the security of the Participant’s password and identification; and (iii) maintain and promptly update of Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. SEV may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with SEV shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if SEV has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SEV may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse Participants any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- No changes to registration details are permitted once registration is completed. (exceptions may only be made for crucial details, e.g. Emergency contact person)
- SEV reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs and/or T&Cs from time to time as SEV deems fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, SEV shall be the authority to interpret these provisions and in so doing, SEV will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- SEV reserve the right to cancel the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017 at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017 is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. None of SEV Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- SEV reserves the right to amend the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017 race routes as SEV deems fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day / date of the event. None of SEV, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- Safety and other precautions
- Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by SEV to ensure the Participants’ safety, the Participant takes part in Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017 at his or her own risk. To the fullest extent permissible by law, none of SEV, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors will be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or security officer (collectively, “Staff”) for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to the reasons stated in these rules and regulations. The decision of any such Staff member is final.
- The form on the reverse side of the Participant’s race bib must be fully and accurately completed. Participant must attach the assigned bib on the front of his/her running attire. Participant not wearing a bib will be taken off the race route by security officers or route marshals.
- Participant may be required to start from different start pens based on his/her estimated time of completion. Participant is to assemble in his/her respective start pens that are reflected on his/her bib.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- SEV reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising, and the Participant hereby consents to any and all such use.
- SEV reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- SEV reserves the right to cancel any race category without prior notice to the Participants.
- SEV will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017, for any reason whatsoever.
- A Participant is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party.
- Any Participant who commences before the actual start time of the race category for which he or she is registered will be disqualified. The start time for the respective race categories can be found on the Official Website.
- A Participant who does not start within the time given from his or her respective flag off point (Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km and Kids Run) will be disqualified and, for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- Age Requirements
- A Participant must be 18 years and above in Year 2017 to participate in the Marathon – 42.2km.
- A Participant must be 16 years and above in Year 2017 to participate in the Half Marathon – 21.1km.
- A Participant must be 14 years and above in Year 2017 to participate in the 10km race.
- Any Participant below the age of 18 in Year 2017 is required to seek parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in-person, failing which SEV reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- Baggage Deposit
- SEV will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the event baggage storage facility. SEV also reserves the right to open and examine any item or baggage deposited for security purposes.
- Cut-off Time and DNF (Did Not Finish)
- Participants must complete their respective race categories (which they registered for) within the following cut-off times; otherwise they will be deemed disqualified. (‘DNF’)
- Full Marathon/ (42.2km) – 8 hours after last flag off
- Half Marathon (21.1km) – 4 hours after last flag off
- 10KM– 2 hours after last flag off
Note: There might be staggered cut-off times at selected sections of the race route. Details of these cut off points will be released closer to race day. For participants’ safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, participants must obey as instructed, or they will be pulled off the race course immediately.
- Race timings will not be issued to the diverted Participants (“Did Not Finish” would be indicated in the timing issued). They will not be issued an e-Certificate of Participation and their results will show as ‘DNF’ status.
- Finisher’s T-shirts (only applicable for the Marathon) and medals will NOT be issued to diverted Participants (“Did Not Finish”).
- Race Categories
Participants can choose to participate either as an individual or as part of a team. The race categories for individual and team participation are as follows:
- Marathon – 42.2km
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Vietnamese Men
- Vietnamese Women
- Half Marathon – 21.1km
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Vietnamese Men
- Vietnamese Women
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Vietnamese Men
- Vietnamese Women
- Kids Run
- Marathon – 42.2km
- Kids Run
The Rules for Kids Runcategory:
- The Kids Run is non-competitive, therefore, no timing device will be issued and no official timing will be recorded or provided.
- There will be two (2) different start times for the Kids Run by reference to age before the race day:
*Age in Year 2017
- Participants must be 14 years and below in Year 2017 to participate in the Kids Run. Parents or guardians of the Participants of the Kids Run must complete the indemnity and declaration form in the online registration form, failing which SEV reserves the right to refuse entry to any Participant.
- For Participants aged 6 years old and below, it is compulsory for one (1) parent or guardian with an identification tag (issued by SEV) to accompany the child during the race for safety purposes, failing which SEV reserves the rights to refuse entry to the Participant. No more than one (1) parent or guardian, is allowed to enter the race pen with the Participant.
- All Kids Run Participants will be issued one (1) identification tag each, to their respective parent/guardian.
- Prize Money
- Each Participant is allowed only one prize-money award. A winning Participant may elect to receive an award in another prize category to which he or she is entitled to, which might offer a higher prize-money. Notwithstanding the Participant’s election, his or her finishing position in each of the relevant prize categories will not change.
- SEV reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified.
- Collection of Prize Money will only be processed after the submission of Winner’s Information for Prize Money Form and a copy of Participant’s Passport or Photo ID. In the event form submission is incomplete, participant would have to re-submit, and SEV reserves the right to refuse incomplete forms.
- All prizes not claimed within one (1) month from submission of Winner’s Information for Prize Money Form will be forfeited and SEV will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- Prizes must be taken, in the forms as presented by SEV. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subjected to the R&Rs and/or T&Cs as determined by SEV.
- The “Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners for all categories.
- The individual prizes for the Marathon – 42.2km are:
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Vietnamese Men
- Vietnamese Women
*Only Participants, who are Vietnamese Nationals, are eligible to compete for Vietnamese categories. Participants who are Permanent Residents of Vietnam are eligible to compete for the Men’s Open/Women’s Open.
- Prizes will not be awarded for the Kids Run as it is a non-competitive race.
- For prize winners or possible prize winners, appeals of disputes must be made on-site in person, in a written format with an appeal fee of 500 000VND, within 30 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier.
- For all other Participants, appeals over disputes regarding the results must be submitted in a written format with an appeal fee of 500 000VND, including electronic mail within 7 days of race day. SEV reserves the right not to entertain any appeals after 02 December 2017. Please send your appeal letter to:
- Race Entry Pack Collection (‘REPC’)
- All Participants must collect their race entry pack (the “Race Entry Pack”) which includes the race bib, timing device (attached to the race bib), and other novelties at the Race Entry Pack Collection location (“REPC”) during the collection period (“Collection Period”), of which details will be stated on the Official Website. If Participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorised representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
- There will be no collection of race packs out of the stipulated Collection Period. Late collection will not be entertained and SEV shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participant’s inability to collect his/her Race Entry Pack, for any reason whatsoever. For avoidance of doubt, SEV is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her Race Entry Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her Race Entry Pack during the Collection Period. Race Entry Packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed to be unwanted, and SEV shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
To have someone pick up your race-kit on your behalf, that designated person needs to bring:
– Email confirmation from registration
– Letter of authorization (signed by yourself)
– Copy of both IDs/Passports (you and the designated person)
– Original ID/Passport of the designated person
– Sign the waiver on the runner’s behalf
- Runner’s Entitlement
- Running apparel sizes are strictly non-exchangeable. Participants are advised to check the running apparel size chart provided on the registration form before choosing their preferred sizing.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in their chosen race category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon presenting their race bib to the respective officials at the Athletes Welfare Area (located at the finishing point).
- A Marathon Participant will only be able to collect his or her Finisher’s T-shirt upon successful completion of the run on race day. The Finisher’s T-shirt size is subject to availability and issued on a first-come-first-served basis to a Marathon Participant. In the event that the preferred size is no longer available, the next best size will be given and no exchange is available during or after the event. Running apparel sizes chosen during registration is not indicative of size availability of the Finisher’s T-shirt on-site on event day.
- All Finisher’s Medals and T-shirts are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- TECHCOMBANK HO CHI MINH CITY INTERNATIONAL MARATHON 2017 Corporate Challenge
- Corporate Challenge: The Corporate Challenge is open to all business entities registered under the Companies Act and Business Registration Act (hereafter referred to as “Company” or collectively as “Companies”). Participants must be employees of the same Company. Verification of eligibility must be provided upon request. The Company with the longest combined aggregate distance completed by their staffs who successfully complete their individual race, wins the award (Only official Finishers). All decisions by SEV shall be final.
- Sponsors and partners of the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017 are eligible to compete for the award.
- In order to qualify for the Corporate Challenge, the Companies have to sign up for the Bulk/Corporate Package. Participants from the respective Companies that have registered individually will not have their clocked distances factored into the Challenge for their Companies or Organisations.
- Participants can only register and compete for one Company or Organisation under the Corporate Challenge.
- The Companies must provide a Company coordinator to play the role of a liaison officer with SEV. The Company coordinator is responsible for recruiting Participants, finalising his or her Company’s race entries, obtaining and distributing race day materials to their Participants. The Company coordinator will be provided with unique links for distribution to their participants for registration. No access to the registration system will be provided to monitor the participants sign up rate for Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017. SEV will, upon request, provide the registration status of those unique links registered under the Corporate Package or The Corporate Club to the Company Coordinator. SEV reserves the right not to disclose any information on unique links, all decisions by SEV shall be final.
- The registration details for Participants under the Corporate scheme have to be submitted by the participating runner.
- No transfer of registration is allowed once the Company’s entries have been submitted.
- Participants who register for the Corporate Challenge under the Corporate Package are not entitled to any other discounts beyond the agreed corporate registration fees.
- SEV will, upon request, provide the timings of those Participants registered under the Corporate Package or The Corporate Club to the Company Coordinator. SEV reserves the right not to disclose any information on individuals that are not registered under the Corporate Package.
- SEV reserves the right not to disclose results of other Corporate Distance Challenge result to another Corporate group.
- Participants who register under their Company’s or Organization’s Corporate Registration Package are eligible to win prizes within the race categories which they opted for.
- Rule for Corporate Registration
All Corporate Registration shall designate a dedicated PIC (person-in-charge) with administrative responsibility to liaise with SEV regarding individual entries within the account.
- Instant qualification to take part in the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon 2017 Corporate Challenge
- Minimum purchase of 10 slots is required for Corporate Registration.
- Priority Bulk Collection and Delivery Services are only available for Corporate of 20 slots and above and is not subject to any promotional discounts.
- The race packs at the EXPO REPC under individual pack collection.
- Following registration there will be strictly no refund.
- CHANGE OF RUNNING CATEGORY
- Individual Participants ONLY
- Upgrade of running category
Participants are able to change their running category on their participant success page from 7 August 2017 up till 15 September 2017, 23:59hrs. No change of running category is allowed after 15 September 2017, 23:59hrs. A fee will be charged, comprising of the difference between the current prevailing rate of the preferred running category, and the price paid for the original registration, and an additional 100,000VND admin charge.
- Downgrade of running category
Participants are able to change their running category on their participant success page from 7 August 2017 up till 15 September 2017, 23:59hrs. No change of running category is allowed after 15 September 2017, 23:59hrs. An admin fee of 100 000VND will be charged, and the difference in pricing between the original registration and preferred running category will NOT be refunded.
- Corporate Participants ONLY
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or queries.
- Slots for the Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10km running categories are subject to current availability.
- An individual participant is allowed to change his/her running category once. Multiple changes are not allowed.
For more information or queries, please email us at email@example.com
- By continuing to use SEV’s services, accessing any part of the website, registering for the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon, submitting information to SEV (and/ or its related entities) whether for the purpose of registering for the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon or otherwise, as well as using any features of the aforementioned website, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by this Policy (as amended from time to time) in respect of SEV’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Further, you hereby agree and consent to SEV’s (including its related entities, as well as their respective Agents’), collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, in the manner set forth in this Policy.
- This Policy is meant to supplement any Agreements governing your relationship with SEV (and its related entities), and should be read in conjunction with those Agreements.
- Further, all consent provided pursuant to this Policy is meant to supplement and not supersede or replace any other consent you may have previously provided to SEV (and its related entities) in respect of your personal information.
The types of personal information collected by SEV broadly fall within the ambit of the following categories:
This includes the following:
- Information which can be linked back to the Participant. For example, the name, gender, date of birth, Passport No., and NRIC No.;
- The Participant’s contact information. For example, the mailing address, the area of residence, telephone number, and email address;
- The Participant’s payment information. For example, the credit card number, the debit card number, the name of the card holder, the card number, the billing address, and the expiration date of the credit/ debit card;
- The Participant’s health information. For example, whether the participant has any known allergies, or any known medical conditions; and
- The participant’s technical information. For example, the IP address from which the registration form is accessed, completed and submitted.
This includes the following:
- The number of Participants; and
- The number of hits to the website.
For the avoidance of doubt, Statistical data is stored purely for analytical purposes, and is entirely anonymous. Statistical data will not be tied to the Participant record, and will only be aggregated for statistical analysis so that SEV can better understand the Participant’s profile and improve the service offering.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, SEV collects personal information in the following ways:
- When you contact SEV (and/ or any of its related entities);
- When you submit forms or applications to SEV (and/ or any of its related entities) (including but not limited to the Registration Form for the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon);
- When you submit queries or requests to SEV;
- When you submit complaints;
- When you provide feedback;
- When you respond to SEV’s request to provide further information;
- When you visit the website;
- When you submit your personal information to SEV, for any other reasons; and
- If and when you provide SEV (and/ or any of its related entities) with any personal information relating to a third party (including but not limited to that of a dependent and/ or spouse), by submitting such information to us, you warrant and represent to SEV that you have obtained the consent of that third party, to your providing SEV with their personal information, for the respective purposes.
By providing personal information to SEV (and/ or any of its related entities), you confirm that the information is complete, and accurate, to the best of your belief, and knowledge. Failure to abide by the said requirement, may result in SEV’s inability to fulfil your requests and/ or applications.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, SEV collects, uses, and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your registration for the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon;
- To verify your identity;
- To communicate with you;
- To respond to your queries;
- To respond to your requests;
- To manage administrative and business operations of SEV and to comply with SEV’s internal policies and procedures;
- To match any personal information held by SEV (and/ or any of its related entities) which relates to you, for any of the purposes specified;
- To facilitate maintenance of security during the TECHCOMBANK HO CHI MINH CITY INTERNATIONAL MARATHON;
- For planning, research, data-planning, and data-processing activities;
- For statistical and/ or risk assessment and analysis;
- For fund-raising;
- For analyzing the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions;
- To comply with any applicable laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines (which may be issued by the concerned authorities);
- For record keeping purposes (where there are legal and/ or business reasons for retaining the said records);
- For legal purposes (including but not limited to the obtaining of legal advice; to facilitate dispute resolution; and to investigate suspected unlawful activities including intellectual property infringement); and/or
- For purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Further, SEV may collect, use and disclose your personal information, under the following circumstances:
- If you are a media representative: To facilitate the granting of any access pass to any of the media centres, during the Techcombank Ho Chi Minh City International Marathon; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid;
- If you are participating in a Community Engagement Programme (including but not limited to any donations specified in the Registration Form): To meet the relevant requirements stipulated by the applicable laws, rules and regulations; and as part of voluntary opt-in via participation by filling in the relevant details in the appropriate section of Registration Form, inclusion of personal information for electronic direct mailers; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and/or
- If you are a contractor or service provider, providing products and services (including but not limited to the provision of hospitality, and food & beverage services) in connection with the TECHCOMBANK HO CHI MINH CITY INTERNATIONAL MARATHON: To meet the relevant requirements stipulated by the applicable laws, rules and regulations; To facilitate the granting of any access pass to any of the relevant centres, during the TECHCOMBANK HO CHI MINH CITY INTERNATIONAL MARATHON; and for any purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Further, to the extent permitted by applicable law, SEV may collect, use and disclose your personal information, for the following:
- For conducting analytics of services;
- For organising promotional events;
- For organizing corporate events;
- For sending you newsletters/ e-newsletters (only when you have subscribed to them);
- For sending you updates about upcoming events, promotions, rewards, including those which we have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to via telemarketing to such numbers are you may have provided to us, subject to your unambiguous consent) (only when you have opted in to receive such updates);
- For market research purposes (information is collected anonymously);
- For purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and/or
- For any other purposes for which SEV may notify you and obtain your express consent.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We have identified the nature of personal information which may be collected, in the preceding paragraphs, as well as the specific purposes for the collection, use and/ or disclosure of the personal information. To the extent feasible and practicable, generally, your personal information held by us shall be kept confidential.
- In order to provide you with effective and quality services, and for the purposes listed in the preceding paragraphs (where applicable), your personal information may be disclosed to the following:
- SEV’s related entities;
- Agents, contractors and/ or third party service providers who provide operational services in relation to the TECHCOMBANK HO CHI MINH CITY INTERNATIONAL MARATHON;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee and/ or transferee (actual or prospective);
- Our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies, to help us inter alia deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our campaigns and promotions;
- External banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- SEV’s professional advisers (including but not limited to its legal advisors, auditors and financial advisors);
- Appropriate government authorities, statutory boards and law enforcement authorities, to comply with the applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Counterparties, billing organisations and their respective banks, in relation to fund transfers and payments; and/or
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal information.
To the extent feasible and practicable, SEV shall endeavour to ensure that its employees who are involved in the collection, use and disclosure of any personal information, will adhere to the stipulations contained in this Policy.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT, ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SEV recognizes the need to maintain accuracy, currency and completeness of personal information collected. If you wish to have access to, review, incorporate amendments, and update your personal information, please follow the instructions specified herein below:
If you wish to:
- Withdraw your consent to any use of your personal information as set out in this Policy;
- Have access to and/ or incorporate amendments/ updates to your personal information; and/ or
- Have any queries or feedback pertaining to your personal information;
SEV can be contacted through email:
For the avoidance of doubt, the aforementioned request will be deemed to have been formally made and will be taken on record, only if received via email .
- SEV will, upon receipt of your aforementioned written request, allow you to view your stored personal information. To the extent permitted by law, SEV reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for the said service.
- SEV will endeavor to respond to your written request within a reasonable timeframe.
- In exceptional circumstances, SEV reserves its right to deny you access to your personal information, and may provide you with an explanation as may be required by applicable law. Some of these circumstances includes:
- Where an investigating authority/ statutory authority/ government body objects to SEV complying with a participant’s said request,
- Where the information may, in the exercise of SEV’s reasonable discretion, have a bearing on the life or security of an individual; and/or
- Where the personal information is collected in connection with an investigation of a breach of contract, and/ or contravention of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Kindly note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal information by SEV, depending upon the nature of request, SEV may not be in a position to continue to provide its services to you, and the said action of withdrawal of consent (whether partial or total) may be deemed to be a termination by you of any contractual relationship which you may have with SEV. Further, under such circumstances, you may be in breach of your contractual obligations. In such an event, all of SEV’s (and its related entities) rights are hereby fully and expressly reserved.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
SEV’s registered office is located at No. 4, Street No. 6, Thao Dien Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam. Be that as it may, personal information may be transmitted to data storage facilities where SEV keeps its central records. Personal information may thus be transferred to other countries, in connection with the conduct of the TECHCOMBANK HO CHI MINH CITY INTERNATIONAL MARATHON and/ or SEV’s performance of its obligations under any existing Agreement with you.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SEV will retain the personal information collected, for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, the legal and/ or business purposes of SEV, and/ or as may be required by applicable law.
- When destroying personal information, SEV will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible and practicable measures to make the personal information irrecoverable or irreproducible, as may be required by applicable law.
- SEV takes the security and protection of your personal information very seriously. As such, SEV has put in place appropriate reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as against unauthorised access and undue disclosure. Some of the security arrangements include secure servers, firewalls, and encryption of credit card information.
- Unfortunately, there is always a potential risk in sending information through any channel (more so through the internet) and/ or retaining information on any storage device, and SEV cannot guarantee that communications between you and SEV or information stored on SEV’s resources, including personal information, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, SEV (and its related entities) will not be held responsible for:
- for any unauthorized access and/ or illegal or unauthorized use of information, including personal information; and/or
- if your information, including personal information, is accessed through unauthorized and/ or improper use of your account or login information or due to your failure to secure your username, password, or customer ID.
- Further, if you do not take reasonable measures to ensure the continued confidentiality and accuracy of the personal information, to the extent permitted by applicable law, SEV will not be liable for any consequential misuse.
- If you have any concerns about security of your personal information disclosed to SEV, you should contact SEV.
- SEV may from time to time update this Policy to ensure that the Policy is in compliance with any future developments, industry trends and/ or any changes in the legal and/ or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time on the website. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your personal information.
- In order to enable certain parts of the website to function correctly, we employ cookies. Cookies are small data files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive from your web browser, to recognize your preferences. The cookies do not contain your Personal Data (unless you specifically chose the “Remember Me” feature), but only Statistical Data which is entirely anonymous. Please refer to your browser’s documentation to check if cookies have been enabled on your computer or to request not to receive cookies.
- In order to improve your online experience, SEV may track clickstream data to advance your use of the web pages and to track referrals from other websites. Such data will not be stored as part of your personal information. It will only be collected for statistical analysis.
- The website may contain links to other websites. Your access to the said linked websites is at your own risk and to the extent permitted by law, SEV shall not be held responsible for your access to the said linked websites and the consequences which may flow therefrom. Whilst SEV will protect your personal information collected by it directly, SEV cannot control or be responsible for the policies of other websites that may be linked to it, or the use of any personal information which you may share with them. Please note that this Policy does not cover these other websites, and SEV would recommend that you are apprised of their specific policies.
- TRADE MARKS DISCLAIMER
All trademarks specified in this Policy remain the property of their respective holders, and unless otherwise represented, their display on TECHCOMBANK HO CHI MINH CITY INTERNATIONAL MARATHON-related material is solely for the purpose of illustrating products, events businesses being discussed and in no way, should be taken to indicate any relationship, affiliation and/ or sponsorship between the respective holders of trademarks and SEV.